There are days where you absolutely need to indulge in some hearty creamy pumpkin soup! What other way to bump up the nutrients and depth of this dish than adding cauliflowers?! Cauliflowers are super versatile and they easily take on the taste of the dish you’re making!
Check this out for Low Carb Sticky Siracha Cauliflower Bites!
- Half a small pumpkin, or 4 cups pumpkin
- 1 cauliflower head
- Half a small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- Boil the 4 cups of water and add the pumpkin (no skin) and cauliflower
- After the pumpkin and cauliflower has softened, add in the chicken stock and simmer
- Throw in the onions garlic and allow to simmer (for a more fragrant soup, you may also fry the garlic and onions in olive oil until browned before adding it to the soup)
- Taste the soup and season accordingly to preference
- Use a blender to puree the chunks of pumpkin and cauliflower to result in a thickened creamy soup!
Optional: Take the fresh pumpkin seeds and season with olive oil, black pepper and salt. Toast the seeds until crunchy and top them on the soup!
There you have it, easy hearty 1 pot creamy cauliflower pumpkin soup!