CHUNKY MONKEY BREAD LOAF
When decadent toasty goodness are birthed by ugly rotten looking bananas… everything is possible!
1/3 cup warm water
2-1/4 tsp active dry yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup very ripe mashed banana
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain flour
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp @myproteinsg peanut butter
@myproteinsg cacao nibs
more mashed bananas!
butterscotch chocolate chips
regular chocolate chips
- Add warm water and dry yeast together with the sugar and allow to activate. Once the yeast is foamy, it is ready.
- Mix in banana, egg, peanut butter into the yeast mixture
- Mix up the plain flour, bread flour and salt and pour into the wet mixture
- Knead the dough until it feels smooth and elastic (about 10 min by hand)
- Cover and allow to rest for 1.5 hours
- Punch down the dough and shape into tin
- Add toppings if desired, or swirl them in!
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 min covered, and about 10 min uncovered to get the bread browned
- Allow to cool and serve!
P.s. they were gone in one day. It’s THAT good.
Try them and let me know how it goes for you!