There are days where you just need some hearty filling rice dishes and barley is almost always my favourite! They are the most versatile – savory or sweet works!
My family usually drinks barley water weekly so I save these pearled barley after boiling them and give them a new lease of life as pilaf rice!
This is easily another 1 bowl recipe because all you need to do is mix them all up!
- 4 cups of barley (optional to add other beans)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red capsicum, minced
- 1 small tomato, minced
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Parsley (your preference)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the pan with sesame oil
- Fry the garlic until brown before adding in the capsicum
- When capsicum has softened, add tomatoes and season mixture to your liking
- Finally, throw in the boiled barley and mix it all up!